What Do You Get?
- Membership! First of all, you actually get to declaim loudly and most proudly that you are an official member of the AHWA, and are able to quote your member unique AHWA number upon request.
- Website and Facebook access. You will gain access to our highly valued members-only section of our website which contains our Critique Group, news and information, and other exciting member-only pages. You will also gain access to our very own members-only FaceBook group.
- Midnight Echo, the official publication of the AHWA, for free! All AHWA Members receive access to one or more of the AHWA publications for free. At the moment, we are giving access to Midnight Echo #11 as well as ‘Dead of Night’ plus ‘Hell’s Bells’ and ‘In Sunshine Bright and Darkness Deep’ FREE to members (digital copies only)
- AHWA Competition Entry. Paid up members of the AHWA will be able to enter AHWA Flash & Short Story competitions at a reduced cost. This competition will still be open to non-members but they will need to pay the full entry fee. We will also be running other smaller, fun competitions with special give-aways from time to time (ie, movie passes, books), which will be exclusive to AHWA members.
- Promotional Opportunities. Members of the AHWA can promote their work through Disturbing Dispatches – our free monthly newsletter – for free.
- Members are able to apply for the AHWA mentorship program for a fee.
- Members will be eligible and encouraged to participate in our AHWA Critique Group which is a members-only benefit. We, periodically, will have giveaways for those that contribute often.
- All new members will receive a FREE copy of Horror 101: The Way Forward – published by Crystal Lake Publishing as part of your membership.
Who Can Join?
The Australasian Horror Writers Association (AHWA) is a non-profit organisation that formed as a way of providing a unified voice and a sense of community for Australian (and NZ) writers of horror/dark fiction, while furthering the development and evolution of this genre within Australia. AHWA aims to become the focal point and first point of reference for Australasian writers and fans of the dark side of literature, and to improve the acceptance and understanding of what horror is to a wider audience.
So if this sounds like something you want to be involved with, then membership is for you. You don’t need to live in Australia (or NZ) to apply, but you do need to be an Australasian citizen or permanent resident.
What Does it Cost?
- Initial Membership joining fee for new members: $10.00;
- Annual Membership Fee to be paid by all members: $40.00;
How do I join?
To join all you need to do is fill out our online application form. Upon completion our Membership Officer will review the information and approve your membership.
Once your membership is approved you will be sent an invoice for an overall initial payment of $50AUD for payment through PayPal (however we also accept Electronic Fund Transfers).
Upon payment of your $50AUD invoice your account will be set up on our website.
*Please note in total this can take up to one week from application to the account being established.