Meeting documents including Committee Nomination Forms
Please note, all documents on this page are made available in confidence to AHWA members only and are not for publication or distribution outside of the AHWA. By downloading or viewing these files within your browser, you agree to abide by these terms and conditions.
As an incorporated entity in the State of Victoria, Australia, the AHWA is required to abide by Consumer Affairs Victoria Associations Incorporation Act (1981). The Association rules for the AHWA can be read here .
All reports and minutes for the Annual General Meetings of the AHWA can be found on this page (most recent business up the top, older reports down the bottom).
To be eligible to stand for election for a committee position, candidates must be nominated by TWO members of the AHWA.
All necessary forms are available below as either online forms or downloadable PDFs.
<Committee Member Nomination Form> - This form will be used for the member filling it in to nominate another member for a position on the AHWA committee.
<Committee Nomination Acceptance Form> - this form is for the member nominated to a particular position of office to accept their nomination.
<Form of Appointment of Proxy> - To be completed if you are unable to attend any meeting to vote in person.
Downloaded forms may be submitted by mail, or emailed as a scanned attachment.By mail:
If you have any questions related to the Association rules, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The following documents are available:
- AGM Minutes - September 2010
- Minutes of General Meeting - 15th December 2010
- Minutes of General Meeting - 22nd September 2011
- Financial Report - 2010-2011
- Member Officer Report - 2010-2011
- President Report - 2010-2011
- Secretary Report - 2010-2011
- Rule Changes - September 2011
- 2010 Nightmare Ball Report
The AHWA Annual General Meeting (AGM) is on again, and we'd love you to attend and be involved in the future developments of the AHWA. This time the AGM will be held at Aussiecon 4.
Venue: Melbourne Convention Centre (meet outside room 2010
Date: Saturday Sept 4, 2010
The Agenda for the AGM can be found here.
On April 14 2010, a second General meeting was held. A number of issues and updates were raised during the meeting and the minutes can be found here .
On February 24 2010, the AHWA held a General Meeting to discuss the changes to the Association Rules and to provide status updates on a number of other issues.
The Minutes for the meeting can be found here.
Those present unanimously voted on the changes to the Associtation Rules. These minutes, and a copy of the proposed changes to the Rules, were sent to Consumer Affairs Victoria, where they were ratified on 19 March 2010.
As a result of these changes, the AHWA can now formally welcome both Mark Farrugia and Felicity Dowker as General Committee members of the AHWA. Both of them have already done some great work for the AHWA, and it's fantastic to have them on board.
The minutes from this meeting can be found here .
The AHWA Annual General Meeting (AGM) is on again, and we'd love you to attend and be involved in the future developments of the AHWA.
Date: 9 September 2009.
Time: 7:30 pm (EST)
Place: Malvern East, Victoria
The AGM is being held at a private residence of a current committee member, so we do not wish to publish the address online. Please contact Ian Mond (email@example.com) for the exact address details if you wish to attend.
The President, Marty Young, will Chair the AGM and the agenda will be as follows:
2. Reading and confirmation of minutes of previous AGM.
3. Reports of the AHWA Committee
c. Secretary's report
d. Membership Officer's report
4. Election of new AHWA committee officers.
5. Submission of annual statement of the AHWA.
6. Other business and announcements (no resolutions to be passed).
7. Close of AGM.
After the close of the AGM, members are welcome to remain for an informal gathering of the AHWA. This is will be an opportunity to provide feedback and discuss future directions of the AHWA, as well as meet and catch up with your fellow members.
The minutes from this meeting can be found here .
Nomination and Election of the AHWA Committee
The AHWA Committee currently consists of the following offices:
All Committee positions will be made vacant during the AGM and new officers will be elected by the AHWA membership.
Nomination Rules and Procedures
1. Any member of the AHWA may nominate another AHWA member for any office.
2. Nominations of candidates for election as officers of the AHWA or as ordinary members of the committee must be made by completing the <Nomination Form for the Election of AHWA Committee Members>. Please note: Candidates must be nominated by TWO members of the AHWA in order to be eligible to stand for election to an office.
3. Eligible candidates must complete the <Acceptance Form for Nomination to AHWA Committee> to confirm their nomination.
4. All Nomination and Acceptance forms must be received by the AHWA by Wednesday, 2nd September 2009. Forms may be submitted by mail, fax or emailed as a scanned attachment. (Please see the bottom of this page for contact details.)
5. A candidate may only be nominated for ONE committee position prior to the AGM.
Candidates for each office will be announced on 3rd September, 2009.
Elections for the AHWA committee will take place during the Annual General Meeting on 9th September 2009.
If you are unable to attend the AGM, you may appoint another AHWA member to act as your proxy and cast a vote on your behalf. The <Form of Appointment of Proxy> must be completed and received by the AHWA by Wednesday, 2nd September 2009. Forms may be submitted by mail, fax or emailed as a scanned attachment. (Please see the bottom of this page for contact details.)
Kirstyn McDermott (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Ian Mond (email@example.com) will be attending the AGM and are available to act as proxies for members who require them. Please contact Kirstyn or Ian for details if needed.
AHWA Contact Details
Completed Nomination, Acceptance and Proxy forms may be sent by:
Australian Horror Writers Association
c/- Kirstyn McDermott
PO Box 3023
Murrumbeena VIC 3163
2. Fax: (03) 9569 0166 (International: +61 3 9569 0166)
3. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (scanned attachments of form only)
Outgoing AHWA Secretary, Carl Schaller, has created a fantastic slideshow which outlines the history of the AHWA from its inception to current status. It is available for downloading as a PowerPoint file here and is highly recommended to all AHWA members!
Please note, the file size is 1.2MB, so it might take a while if you're on dial-up.